Meet our team
- 35 years experience in collision repair business
- Accredited Automotive Manager – one of only four AMMs in the Chicago Area
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance
- I-CAR Platinum Certified
- Second Generation Business Owner
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I get a claim number?
- Are you open on Saturday?
- Do I have to get multiple estimates for my insurance company?
- Will the parts be ordered before I drop off my car for repair?
- If my vehicle's frame is damaged is the car a total loss?
- Tell me about your detailing services.
- How long does glass replacement / repair generally take?
- Can you match my car paint color?
- What is paintless dent repair?
- Can I get other service work done on my car while it in the body shop?
- How long will the repairs take?
- Can I get a ride home when I drop off my car?
- How can I get a rental car?
- How will I know when my car is done?
- Is there a warranty on the repairs to my vehicle?
- Do I have to pay a deductible?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- What are betterment charges?
- Can I wash my car?
After contacting the insurance company they will assign you claim number. Simply call Erie-LaSalle with the claim number and we will handle the entire claims process for you.
Yes, we are open from 6am–Noon on Saturdays.
Absolutely not. You do not have to waste time running around getting estimates. Illinois law states that you only need one estimate of repairs and Erie-LaSalle will negotiate on your behalf with your insurance or fleet company to ensure a fair and proper repair to your vehicle.
Absolutely! This is a crucial part of our exclusive “Express Repair Process”. In may instances we can order parts, pre-paint panels and cycle your repairs in 1 or 2 days – where other shops may take weeks to process. Of course if we deem your vehicle unsafe to drive, you will leave the vehicle with us and we will arrange a car rental immediately if you wish.
No. A car is a total loss only when the price of repairs exceeds the insurance company's determined value of your vehicle. Nowadays, most cars are built using unibody (frame and body as one) construction. Our highly skilled technicians, with the aid of our state-of the-art computer measuring system , can return your vehicle to its original factory specifications. If it is determined that the frame section is bent beyond repair, that section can simply be replaced.
We offer several detailing services. A complete detailing (one day service) includes exterior buff, wax and polish, interior vacuum and shampoo, motor cleaning and tire dressing. An exterior detail includes exterior buff, wax, polish, tire dressing, and interior vacuum. An interior detail includes interior vacuum and shampoo, vent cleaning, ashtray and crevice detailing and exterior wash. Our motor cleaning covers a steam clean of the engine compartment. We also offer express, one day window tinting with different shades to choose from.
Erie-LaSalle offers same day glass replacement. We use only the highest quality glass for perfect clarity. Glass replacement also carries our lifetime warranty – View our warranty [PDF]. In some cases, small nicks or stone chips can be repaired without replacement. We also repair problematic inner-door issues pertaining to glass and its function. Window tinting by appointment is an additional service offered by Erie-LaSalle.
Today's modern factory finishes incorporate multiple layers of highly specialized paints. Erie-LaSalle Body Shop has made a major investment in the finest paint system available and constantly upgrades its technology and equipment to ensure that each vehicle's paint matches. We take special pride in our ability to match factory finishes as the final step in the restoration process.
Why pay for expensive paintwork if a more cost efficient way is available? Paintless dent repairs often provide a much less expensive solution to the annoying "door ding" challenges than full body and paintwork. Ask our estimators to advise you on this process. It can be an inexpensive way to bring your vehicle back to smooth again.
Yes. Just let your advisor know what other work you would like done so that he or she can make the necessary arrangements.
How long will my vehicle repairs take?
Your advisor can give you an estimate of the time it will take to complete the repairs to your vehicle. Be sure to check with your advisor for the specifics on your vehicle.
Yes, we would be happy to provide this service to you. We want each customer's visit to be a positive experience and will work diligently towards that goal. We provide a pickup and delivery service.
If you need a rental car, we can help you make the necessary arrangements. Insurance companies will only pay for a rental car if you have that option on your policy or if you are the claimant. Check your policy and/or call your insurance company to find out if you have rental coverage and what your specific limitations are. If you do not have rental coverage on your policy, Erie-LaSalle will ensure you the lowest rate possible with our rental partners Enterprise and Hertz.
You will be notified when your vehicle is ready to be picked up. Feel free to call 312.337.3903 or e-mail your advisor during the repair process if you have questions or concerns.
Yes. Erie-LaSalle Body Shop guarantees all repairs with a Lifetime Warranty – View our warranty [PDF]
Deductibles, when applicable, are normally paid at the time of pick up, although can be prepaid if desired. Deductibles are paid to Erie-LaSalle Body Shop.
The easiest and most convenient way to pay for your portion of the repairs to your vehicle is with a major credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, & Discover. Of course, cash and checks are always welcome.
Parts that wear out and need replacement with time and use (i.e., tires, batteries, and suspension parts) are commonly subject to betterment charges when they are replaced during the repair process. These betterment charges are determined by your insurance company and are pro-rated based on actual miles on your vehicle.
Recommendations and precautions within the first 30 days
- Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always use clean fresh water.
- Wash your vehicle in the shade.
- Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface.
- Do not "dry wipe" your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish.
- Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days.
- Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface. Also, tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish.
- Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface.
Recommendations and precautions within the first 90 days
- Do not wax or polish your vehicle. You will need to allow the finish to dry and harden completely.